Exercising When Your Toddler Is Around
Exercise is important for both your health and your mind. It’s relaxing and it can give you more energy. When you have small children at home, it may cause a problem, but it doesn’t have to if you prepare yourself using one or more of these suggestions.
1. If you’re a work at home mom, consider getting up 30 to 45 minutes before your child and do your work out then. You’ll feel great, it will be out of the way, and you won’t have to worry about entertaining your toddler in the process. Course this is a bit tricky if he doesn’t have a regular routine in place, but it will give you a thought to consider.
2. Do your work out when your spouse is at home and can take the toddler to another room during the time you exercise. This will be a problem if you work out together, but if you have other children that are older and can watch the toddler for a while even that will work.
3. Another suggestion is to turn on your child’s favorite cartoon or DVD and do your work out while they are watching TV. If you have a portable DVD player or you have a TV in the general area where you exercise, they’ll be in your view at all times.
4. Purchasing a gym membership from a place that has a daycare is another thought. You’ll want to check to see if this is something they offer and the times it’s open because it may not be something they advertise real heavily. This will give you the ability to work out longer and on different equipment than what you’d have at home.
5. Bringing in a babysitter for that short time frame may also work. This will give you the complete freedom to do what you want and your child will be in the comfort of his own home so he can play with his own toys and yet you’re there just in case he needs you.
Exercising doesn’t have to be hard when you have a toddler. When you plan according to your needs and desires you can make it work no matter what. The important thing to know is it is possible to exercise when you have a toddler around, even if they are at home with you when you do it. Be creative and try a few things until you find something that works.…